Personalized Coffee and Tea Pots (Teacher gift)
Here’s a novel way of gifting teachers with their favorite beverages!
- 4” clay pot
- 1 inch wide black polka dot ribbon (or ribbon of your choice)
- 1 inch wide red polka dot ribbon (or ribbon of your choice)
- shredded paper
- coffee or tea packets
- coffee creamer (single serve) or honey pouches
- cellophane or shrink wrap
- adhesive of your choice
- 1 sheet brochure paper (or paper of your choice)
- Claypot-4inch wrap2 and circle - apple-pencils graphics from “Cool School Tools”
- Personalize the clay pot wrapper by putting the name of your choice in the blank space on the wrapper.
- On the circle graphic, add a sentiment of your choice – I put “Behind every successful teacher is a substantial amount of coffee (or tea)”. This is a modified quote from Stephanie Piro – “Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee”.
- Print and cut out wrapper. Since a clay pot has sloping sides, putting on a wrapper is a bit tricky, so here’s a tip: before putting adhesive on the paper, wrap it around the clay pot first until you are satisfied with the way it fits.
- Put a mark on the clay pot where the edge of the paper is. Unwrap and put adhesive on the paper, then using the mark as a guide, wrap the clay pot – it should go on easy-peasy!
- With the black polka dot ribbon, cover the rim of the clay pot – use hot glue or adhesive of your choice. Make a pretty bow and adhere to cover the ribbon ends.
- Fill the pot with shredded paper then arrange the packets of coffee or tea and coffee creamer or honey pouches. I used five packets of coffee and five creamers for the coffee pot, ten tea packets and five pouches of tea in the picture.
- Wrap the whole pot with cello or shrink wrap, tie with the red ribbon. Cut out (or if you have a 2” circle punch, punch out) the circle and add it as a tag to the pot.
Here’s a pic of the cello-wrapped coffee pot: