Oatmeal Milk Bath
This project makes a great homemade gift – include some soaps, a fluffy scrub and you’ve got the makings of a spa basket!
For the Oatmeal Milk Bath:*
- 1 c corn starch
- 2 c milk powder
- ½ c baking soda
- ½ c finely ground oatmeal
- ½ c dried rose petals, lavender or rosemary, or a few drops of essential oils (optional)
* this recipe and instructions are from www.allfreecrafts.com – thanks to Jane Lake
For the container:
- Empty container and lid of Yo-Crunch®, washed and dried
- “Violets” graphics: top, lid side and main wrap from Yo-wraps – Assortment
- Brochure paper
- Double-sided tape or adhesive of your choice
- Green ribbon
blender, pair of sharp scissors, glue gun, 2” circle punch or circle cutter (optional)
- Process oatmeal in blender until finely ground. Add milk powder and process until well mixed. Pour into a bowl; add corn starch and baking soda, mixing all ingredients well. Process the herbs and add to the mixture, or add a few drops of essential oils of your choice. Mix well.
- On the lid top graphic, add the following: Oatmeal Milk Bath – Directions: add 3 tbsp to bathwater for a soothing, skin-softening experience.
- Print the top, lid side and main wrap as designed then cut the three pieces.
- Adhere the corresponding pieces to the yogurt container with double-sided tape (or adhesive of your choice).
- Tie the ribbon into a bow and hot glue to the lid side.
- Fill with the mixture.