Mother's Day Card
Orchids are traditionally given to moms to symbolize mature beauty. This Mother’s Day card is simply lovely to make for that dear lady who holds a special place in your heart.
- white cardstock
- piece of light pink paper
- piece of green paper (the one shown has a sponged effect)
- piece of dark pink paper
- orchid1 image and circle scallop piercing pattern from Paper Piercing Floral Set
- corner scroll2 piercing pattern from Borders, Corners and Frames
- adhesive of your choice
- optional : 2 small brads to hold sentiment
- tools: paper piercing tool (a push pin works just fine!), pricking mat (an old mousepad or 4 layers of paper towel will do!)
- Print the circle scallop pattern and the orchid image on white cardstock. Cut out the flower graphic with a 2” circle punch or your preferred cutting tool.
- Using the piercing tool, punch holes where there are black dots on the circle scallop pattern. Cut out the paper-pierced frame with a 3” circle cutter or your preferred cutting tool. Adhere the flower image on the frame, centering it carefully.
- With the piece of light pink paper, print the corner scroll 2 pattern on the flip side, or, print the pattern on plain paper then layer it on the flip side of the pink paper. Make sure to make two copies of the design, flipping one horizontally so that they are facing each other. Using the piercing tool, punch holes where there are black dots.
- With the piece of dark pink paper, print the scroll 2 pattern on the flip side, or print the pattern on plain paper then layer it on the flip side. Only one side of the dark pink piece has paper piercing – make sure that it faces inward when flipped over. Go over the black dots with the piercing tool.
- Make a 5” x 6.5” card from white cardstock. Assemble the card as shown on the sample above.
- Print sentiment of y our choice on light pink paper, trim and adhere to the card. Secure with two brads.