For the Guys - Birthday Card
Several other projects show cards with lacy paper-piercing, this card shows that the paper-piercing effect is not only “for the girls”! Thanks to Julee Tilman of www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com for the use of her Mojo Monday card sketch.
- white cardstock
- navy blue paper
- striped blue and white paper
- scrap piece of medium blue paper
- 4 self-adhesive metal dots
- border – diamonds paper piercing pattern from Borders, Corners and Frames
- adhesive of your choice
- tools: paper piercing tool (push pin will work!), pricking mat (an old mousepad)
- Print the paper piercing pattern on white cardstock. Using the piercing tool, punch holes where there are black dots. Trim the piece so that it measures 6” x 1”.
- Print sentiment of your choice on white cardstock. Trim to measure 1.25” x 1.25”. Mat with the medium blue and navy blue paper, ensuring an even margin of ¼” all around.
- Cut a piece of the navy blue paper measuring 6” x 4.5”. Cut a piece of the striped blue paper with dimensions 6” x 2.5”. Make a card from white cardstock measuring 6.5” x 5”.
- Refer to the picture above in layering all the paper pieces. Adhere to the card.
- Attach the 4 metal dots on the corners of the striped blue paper.